Congratulations and Welcome to Mount St. Joseph University! We are very excited that you’ve chosen to participate in athletics here at the Mount. The athletic training staff, team physicians, and health and wellness personnel that make up the MSJU Healthcare Team want to ensure that you receive everything you need to have a healthy and successful collegiate sports career. We strive to provide you with top-notch sports performance training, injury evaluation and care, and rehabilitative medicine. In order to do that, we need some information from you.
Please follow the instructions to set up your Athlete Profile in our electronic medical record system called ATS.
Instructions for Completing Required Information in ATS
- Follow this link: ATS Log In Page KEEP THIS PAGE OPEN AND FOLLOW THE STEPS
UPON clicking the link click ATHLETE PORTAL (middle button)
Athlete ID: new (you will change this later)
Password: new (you will change this later
2. After you log in for the first time you will be taken to your athlete profile page.
3. The GENERAL tab is where you will put in all of your demographic information.
You must enter data into every box that is highlighted in YELLOW. You are welcome to add more information if you like, but the required boxes must be filled in for your paperwork to be marked completed.
- Change your password and select a user ID that you will easily remember. We suggest using your Mount Student ID# as it will always be on your ID card for reference.
- The email you use should be your Mount email or an email you use regularly.
- Disclose any medical alerts, allergies, current medications. If none, you must enter NONE in the box.
- Do NOT click the Save Athlete Information button until you have completed step #5!!!!
When you have filled in all the required boxes click the INSURANCE tab to continue.
4. The INSURANCE tab is where you will enter all your primary health insurance information.
You must have health insurance to participate in athletics at MSJ. You must enter data into every box that is highlighted in YELLOW. You are welcome to add more information if you like, but the required boxes must be filled in for your paperwork to be marked completed.
- You will need to upload a picture of the front and back of your insurance card.
- Make sure the picture is clear and the numbers on the card can be read.
When you have filled in all the required boxes click the CONTACT tab to continue.
5. TheCONTACTtab is where you will enter all of your emergency contact information.
Now you may click “Save Athlete Information” on the bottom left of the screen.
6. Now you are ready to complete your medical history questions and sign your waivers.
Click on the FORMS tab. A dropdown box will have all of the required forms you need to complete. Choose one in the dropdown box and click “NEW”. Fill out all of the required information. Sign the documents that require you to sign and make sure to save when you have finished.
- Save each form as you complete them.
- The form will generate automatically when you click the NEW button after selecting your form in the dropdown menu
- You can always log off and come back later to complete your forms, but remember you must have these completed before the day of physicals or you will not be able to participate in physicals or sports.
- Make sure you sign the forms electronically AND type your name in the box provided.
- If you are 18 or older do NOT have your parents sign your forms
These are the forms you need to complete
i. Pre-Participation 114 Questions on 6 pages of health history. At the bottom of the page click NEXT to move to the next set of questions.
ii. Notice of Privacy Practices Read and sign. This document explains how we can use your health information and how we will protect it.
iii. Acknowledgement and Waiver of Risk Read and sign. This document details the risks of participation in sports at MSJ
iv. Emergency Treatment Waiver Read and sign. This document allows us to treat you in the event of a catastrophic emergency where there is loss of consciousness or a danger to life or limb.
v. Concussion Policy Acknowledgement and Waiver Read and sign. This document tell us that you have read the NCAA Concussion Fact Sheet and that you will abide by the University Policy as it relates to concussion injuries. The MSJ Concussion Policy can be found here.
vi. Sickle Cell Trait Waiver Read and choose one of the options then sign. This document tells us if you have previously been tested for sickle cell trait or if you wish to waive this suggestion and participate anyway.
You can easily track which forms you have completed successfully by clicking on the PAPERWORKtab. If you check here and all of the boxes under “Submitted” are checked you have completed your physicals paperwork.
That’s it! See you at Pre-Season Physicals
10. If you take medication for ADHD: You must download the ADHD Physician Form located in the eFILEStab and have your doctor fill out the required information. Bring this information with you to your physical.
11. If you use Albuterol to control asthma: You must download the Asthma Physician Form located in the eFILEStab and have your doctor fill out the required information. Bring this form with you to your physical.
12. All Student-Athletes must complete the Mental Health Questionnaire. This is a confidential form that will be turned into Student Health at Pre-Season Physicals. You must download the Mental Health Questionnaire located in the eFILEStab. Bring this form with you to your physical.
Thank you for your kind attention to these documents. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Brian Lewton, Head Athletic Trainer at (513) 244-8588 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you this fall. Go Lions!
MSJU Healthcare Team