Thursday, March 07, 2013
The College of Mount St. Joseph Dance Team will host a tryout for the 2013-14 squad on Sunday, April 21, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Athletics Building Jean Dowell Gym. If you would like to tryout, but are unable to attend on April 21, please email Katie Stahlheber (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The dance team performs at home football and basketball games, and provides a great opportunity to make friends, stay in shape, promote school spirit and have fun!
What to do before the tryout date
- Email Katie Stahlheber (email@example.com) as soon as possible to RSVP for tryouts; the last day to RSVP is Tuesday, April 2
- Get a sports physical from your personal physician and complete all NCAA-required paperwork, which Katie will send to you when you RSVP; all paperwork must be submitted by Wednesday, April 10
- Get directions to the College and the Athletics Building Jean Dowell Gym here: http://msj.edu/uploads/related_files/11-12_aerial_map.pdf
Detail for April 21
- Wear a white top and black pants, capris or shorts
- Hair must be pulled off your face; no distracting jewelry
- Bring gym shoes, jazz shoes if you have them, a light snack and water
During tryouts, you will learn parts of pom, jazz and hip hop routines, and demonstrate your technique for the dance team coaching staff. You’ll be notified if you’ve made the team or not by email within 24 hours of tryouts.
If you have questions, please email Katie Stahlheber (firstname.lastname@example.org).